Introduction of UMT-IR
The Sultanah Nur Zahirah Digital Repository Library (UMT-IR) was developed with the aim of providing an access network service to various digital collections that have significant value to the university.
PSNZ strives to obtain, compile, store, preserve and disseminate information to users more quickly and effectively.
The main objectives of UMT-IR are:
Advantages of uploading materials in UMT-IR:
- Provide a more systematic system for managing digital materials.
- Disseminate materials published by the university to the internal community.
- Improves material accessibility.
- Ensure materials are preserved and accessed online.
Each uploaded material will be openly accessible and a source of reference for every library user. However, there are some collections that require admin permission to access the material.
2. Ongoing Links+
Each material uploaded will be provided with a link which will be used for the purpose of dissemination and sharing of information between universities, organizations and individuals.
Materials uploaded in UMT-IR will be preserved and stored in library storage for conservation purposes. Each of these materials will be copied to face any possibility to the library system.
The saved copy is in the form of TIF format in accordance with digital library standards.
The system used to develop this UMT-IR can support a variety of material formats. This gives library users the opportunity to upload not only documents but also include video, audio, pictures and other material formats.
5. Insitutional Context+
UMT-IR is an excellent medium for researchers, lecturers, staff and students as a source of reference. Every material available in UMT-IR can be accessed anywhere and anytime.
1. Responsibilities of Material Uploader+
- Understand and comply with UMT-IR Policy
- Clearly understand the copyright of the uploaded material if the material is not the property of the uploader
- Provides accurate information description and description of the content of the uploaded material and further confirms the information provided when uploaded
- Agree to the material upload policy
- Make plans for uploading materials in UMT-IR
2. Responsibilities and Rights of Sultanah Nur Zahirah Library+
- Ensure materials inside UMT-IR are maintained according to the library police
- Provides continuous access to the uploaded material
- Make distribution of materials according to library policy
The following is a description of the policy set by UMT-IR.
Each material uploaded must comply with the specified policy. Failure to comply with this policy will result in material not being displayed.
1. Material Type+
The content of the material in UMT-IR must be appropriate to Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT) especially as a reference in teaching and learning. These materials are available from university researchers, lecturers, students and non-academic staff. The types of materials are as follows:
- Materials from university publications
- Project/technical report/books/dataset
- Thesis and dissertation
- Lecture notes and presentations
UMT-IR supports more than 40 material formats. However, if the user has other formatting materials that are not provided in the system, additional material formatting can be requested by contacting the UMT-IR administrator.
Size of each material uploaded must be ensured less or not more than 1GB. This is because the library has a relatively limited storage capacity. If the user wants to make a request for a material with a larger size capacity can contact the UMT-IR administrator.
4. Ownership/Intellectual Property+
Full ownership of the material uploaded in this UMT-IR is to the author of the material. However, based on some circumstances, the Library has the power to upload materials in accordance with the agreed policy. (Policy and License to upload materials).